Friday, May 10, 2013

Four-(or more)-Leaf-Clover

While watching the kids play outside at recess, I felt compelled to challenge them to find four-leaf clover. The students did not respond with enthusiasm, so I decided to offer a little reward, a soda from the drink machine, for each genuine four-leaf clover.( I can spot a fake.) The students were more enthusiastic, but not very confident. Most students would search feverishly for approximately 45 seconds, loudly proclaim that there were NO such clover on the school's campus, and then run off to play. A few dedicated students remained...then one suceeded. Abby Stone got a drink for lunch that day.
News of Abby's success has spread. In the past 24 hours, I have received 7 four, five, and six leaf clover. I had to break open the piggy bank. And the students had fun.










No comments:

Post a Comment